Thursday, October 1, 2009

Season 1 Episode 1 “That '70s Pilot”

~Outline~
In the first episode, Red Forman and his wife Kitty hands the keys to the Vista Cruiser to their son, Eric, to use. Through persuasion from his friends, Eric uses the car to get out of town for a Todd Rundgren concert in Milwaukee with his closest friends: Donna, Hyde, and Kelso. Eric also decides to invite the new foreign kid from school named Fez. Kelso's girlfriend Jackie invites herself along, and Eric is uncomfortable around Donna when Kelso inadvertently tells Eric that Donna likes him.

~Vocabulary~
versatile
Kitty : I know. I know. Vienna sausages are so versatile.

groovy
Midge : So, Eric, how do you like Bob’s new hair? Isn’t it groovy?

darn
Donna : They’re so darn cute.

frisky
Eric : They’re so frisky.

hippety-hop
Eric : Really? And there I was all day long on the hippity-hop.

downhill
Eric : So it’s all downhill from here, sir?

scar
Eric : When I ride the bus in my nurse’s uniform, people always show me their scars.

drop into one’s lap
Eric : We didn’t say that. Things don’t just drop into your lap, Eric.

fluid
Red : Oil changes, road flares, fluids, that’s your job.

attic
Red : Clean the attic.

spin
Red : Taking it for a spin, right?

pull out of the fire
Hyde as Jackie’s father : Speaking of kids, wasn’t it lucky Triple-A pulled Eric’s butt out of the fire when he took the car to Milwaukee without your permission?

chump out
Kelso : You guys are chumping me out.

disobedience
Eric : You know, it’s amazing what one act of civil disobedience can do for you.

~Funny Lines~
Red : His head looks like a poodle’s ass.
Eric : A poodle’s ass walks into your party.
Red : Eric, don’t use the “ass” word. You’re still in high school.

Hyde : Check it out.
Kelso : Wow
Donna : I see that every day.

Jackie : You don’t want me to go to the concert. Is that it?
Kelso : I didn’t know if you liked music.

Jackie : We can have fun at the concert, too. Especially in the car on the way back.
Kelso : Okay. You can go.

Eric : I want you so bad.
Donna : Eric, it’s a car.
Kelso : Let’s just leave these two kids alone.

Fez : I may not say this right because I am new to English. But she has tremendous breasts, yes?

Fez : I, too, must go to the bathroom. Eric?
Eric : No, it doesn’t work that way with guys.

Hyde : So is Red still thinking about giving you the car maybe?

Kelso : Even if we do get it, we’re gonna need some serious gas money… ‘cause the cruiser’s a boat.
Eric: I know it’s a boat. This whole gas shortage bites.
Fez : Who is getting a boat?
Kelso: Hey, Jackie’s good for gas money.
Eric : You’re such a whore.
Fez : When does the boat get here, whore?

Kitty : Laurie’s friend got pregnant in a car. Don’t let that happen.
Red : If I find one beer can in that car, it’s over.

Eric : Bitching.
Red : Eric, not in front of your mother.
Eric : Thank you, pop… Sir.


Eric : I guess that’s that. We’re not going.
Donna : Eric, do you wanna go?
Eric : He said no trips out of town.
Donna : It’s your car. Do you wanna go?
Eric : But he’s God.

Kitty : The kids are off. I wonder where they’re going.
Red : Out of town.
Kitty : Are you sure?.
Red : Of course. I told them not to.

Hyde : Jackie, parents talk to each other about how we screw up.

Hyde as Jackie’s father : Speaking of kids, wasn’t it lucky Triple-A pulled Eric’s butt out of the fire when he took the car to Milwaukee without your permission?
Eric as Red : What? Why, that twisted little monkey! I’m grounding him for 10 years.


Eric : Are they cheap? Or possibly free?
Randy : $32, minimum.
Kelso : All right. I’ll tell you what. We’ll trade you our battery, plus $5 for one of your batteries.
Randy : That’s a really sweet deal, my friend, but how about this? How about one battery for two concert tickets.
Hyde : We can’t give up two tickets.
Randy : Okay.
Eric : It’s either that or none of us go.
Kelso : So who’s out?
Hyde : Well, there’s always Jackie.
Kelso : Of course, Jackie. I mean, Jackie’s gone. But who else?
Eric : I don’t know. Jackie’s date?

Kelso : You guys are chumping me out.
Eric : I’ve had to listen to her for a good hour.
Fez : A really long hour.

Fez : How can you say God hates you? At least you have a woman’s love. Be happy, whore.

Fez : Hey guys. Randy’s date is a man.
Randy : I have to go to the bathroom, Kevin?
Eric : I’ll explain later.
Jackie : You were so nice to give your ticket away, so you could be with me.
Kelso : Well, Yeah.

Eric : We could go to Canada. We got a new battery, what’s stopping us?
Donna : You know, I think Canada closes at 9:30.

So this is the second time to watch the best sitcom in the world. I laughed and grinned as much as I did when I saw this show first time. My two favorite characters Kelso and Fez are shining in the show anyway!

2 comments:

  1. (Hyde as Jackie’s father : Speaking of kids, wasn’t it lucky Triple-A pulled Eric’s butt out of the fire when he took the car to Milwaukee without your permission?)
    ----------------
    what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog. I watch all That 70's show episodes online and both are awesome to watch. This is my one of the favorite tv series to watch.

    ReplyDelete